Have you ever bought a new item of clothing, thinking it looks great, only to get home and regret your decision?
Regretting a purchase doesn’t end with clothing, a new study has discovered the five most common household items we wish we hadn’t bought. Impulse buying and listening to other people’s recommendations were cited as the top reasons for poor choice; top of the list of most regretted purchases was a mattress. The reason? It’s too uncomfortable!
We also know that if you are uncomfortable in bed you don’t sleep well, research showed that sleeping on an old or uncomfortable bed could rob you of up to an hours sleep a night!
It doesn’t have to be that way, at Pavilion Interiors we have some top tips and guidance from the National Bed Federation on buying a bed:
- Decide your priorities and concerns in advance. For example: price, storage, access to bedroom, turning the mattress, getting in and out of bed, overall size or shape, a health issues?
- If possible, try a selection of different mattresses for comparison before you buy. Make sure you try out a bed for at least 10 minutes.
- Buy for correct support and comfort for your weight and build – not just firmness.
- Lie down in your normal sleeping position and make some turns, too. Wear comfortable clothing and remove any outdoor gear.
- Try it together, if the bed’s for two.
- Don’t forget a bed is a mattress and a base working together – don’t consider them in isolation.
- Think big – larger beds are more comfortable.
- You get what you pay for both in product and service, spend as much as you can afford.
You should spend as much as you can afford on a new bed – it’s probably one of the most important investments you’ll make, not just for your home but also for your own wellbeing! Remember, you’re going to spend around 20,000 hours on your bed during a typical seventy-eight year lifespan so it’s worth taking a little time to make sure you make the right choice.
At Pavilion Interiors all of our staff are trained and experienced to ensure you choose the perfect bed to suit your needs and your home. We have a vast selection of bed designs, from traditional divan bases to ornate carved bed frames and a comprehensive selection of super comfortable, handmade, pocket sprung mattresses all at fantastic prices.
Visit one of our showrooms and try our beds out for yourself.